How to Easily Delete a Mi-Account – One of the features given to Xiaomi smartphone users is support for synchronization to Mi Cloud to back up the user’s data.
But, to use the synchronization support the user must have a Mi account first, this account has many benefits in addition to backing up the data, the Mi account also functions to download themes, track the device when it is lost, enjoy the Mi Talk application, and more.
Because of the importance of this Mi account, not a few users have chosen to delete the Mi account due to security and privacy, fear of personal data falling into the hands of irresponsible people.
How to Easily Delete a Mi-Account
Step 1 – Open settings
To delete a Mi account, you need to enter the Mi Account settings in the settings menu.
Step 2 – Enter the Mi Account or Mi Account option
After you enter settings, select the Mi-Account option.
Step 3 – Select the sign-out or exit button
If you have already entered the Mi Account screen, then select the sign out button at the bottom.
Step 4 – Select remove
- After you select the sign out button, the option will appear whether you want to delete all data that is on your Xiaomi mobile or not.
- Because here you intend to delete the Mi account, then select the delete button so that all your personal data is not connected to the Xiaomi smartphone.
Shortly after you select the delete button, a confirmation dialogue will appear. Select OK.
Step 5 – Enter your Mi account password
After deleting all data in the Mi account, the next step is to enter the Mi account password that you use on the Xiaomi mobile phone.
After entering your Mi account password, then select OK.
Step 6 – Restart your Xiaomi smartphone
- If you have done all the steps above, then you can restart the Xiaomi phone.
Until this step, your Mi account is not completely deleted from the Xiaomi smartphone you are using.
- This step is only to sign out the Mi account from the Xiaomi smartphone and delete the data.
- However, if you want to permanently delete your Mi account then follow the next steps below.
Step 7 – Enter Mi Cloud
Enter your Mi account by visiting the account.xiaomi.com URL through your browser.
If the URL you are visiting is correct, then the web display will be as below.
If you successfully log in, then you will see the display below.
Step 8 – Open the delete Mi account page
The next step that you have to do is visit the account.xiaomi.com/pass/del/ URL
If you have successfully accessed the following URL, a dialogue will appear that confirms that your Mi account will be deleted.
Step 9 – check the Mi account delete approval option
Before you click the Mi delete account button, you must check the approval option at the top of the delete button.
Step 10 – Select the Mi account delete button
The last step you have to do to delete your Mi account is to select the ‘Delete Mi account.’
Step 11 – Account verification
After you select the Mi account delete button, you will be asked to verify the account.
- To verify your account at this stage, you can open the email that you used when registering your Mi account.
- In your email, you will be given a verification code that you will use to proceed to the next stage.
Step 12 – Select delete Mi account
After you enter the verification code in the column provided, a dialogue will appear to delete the Mi account.
If successful, a notification dialogue will appear that your Mi account has been successfully deleted.